There are plenty of lists out there, but this one is mine. I love science fiction and well written dramas. There are some popular shows that are not on my list, either because I haven’t got around to them or just not interested. I tend to stay away from cooking, reality and “Who done it” crime shows. You probably noticed I did not put descriptions about any of the series. I have found that shows and movies are so much better when you have little to no knowledge about them. I also added a list of my favorite YouTubers. Enjoy!
Name of Series Where to watch in parenthesis as of March of 2021
Star Trek: The Next Generation, DS9, Voyager (Netflix/Hulu)
Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)
Stargate: SG1, Atlantis, Universe (Amazon Prime, Netflix/Hulu)
Battlestar Galactica 2004 series (Amazon, not Prime)
Dr Who (HBO MAX)
The Expanse (Amazon Prime)
Farscape (Amazon Prime)
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu) Be warned, it’s dark.
Dark Matter (Netflix)
Orphan Black (Amazon Prime)
The X-Files (Hulu)
Hell of Wheels (???)
Breaking Bad (Netflix)
Better call Saul (Netflix)
Luther (HBO MAX)
Dexter (Hulu/Amazon Prime)
The Walking Dead (Netflix)
House of Cards (Netflix)
Black Mirror (Netflix) Be warned, it’s dark.
Love, Death + Robots (Netflix)
Star War: Clone Wars (Disney Plus)
The Mandalorian (Disney Plus)
Rick and Morty (Hulu, HBO MAX)
Bobs burgers (Hulu)
The Orville (Hulu)
Red Dwarf (Amazon Prime)
Mystery Science Theater 3000(Amazon Prime, Netflix)
Torchwood (HBO MAX)
Humans (Amazon Prime)
Knowing Better (Educational)
Nerdwriter 1 (Video Essay)
This old Tony (Maker)
CGP Gray (Educational)
Kiwami Japan (Maker)
My Mechanic (Maker)
Captain Joe (Aviation)
Marques Brownlee (Best Tech reviewer on YouTube)
Michael Cthulhu (Big sword Maker)
Bay Area Bugs (Gamer/Humor)
ralfidude (Flight Sim/Humor)
Night Shift (Modelmaker)
Applied Science (Educational)
Sean Tucker (Photography)
Tom Scott (Educational)
Emmanuel Acho (Educational)
Mighty Car Mods (Auto/Entertainment)
Wendover Production (Educational)
Clickspring (Amazing craftsmen)
Practical Engineering (Educational)
Economics explain (Educational)
And if you’re still bored? Take a look here…https://anadventureinawesome.com/2020/03/30/bored-and-in-lock-down-how-to-keep-yourself-occupied/
What are some of your favorite binge worthy shows? Along with who are the YouTubers you enjoy watching?
Stay safe and keep busy,
Run out of entertaining shows and movies on Netflix and Hulu? Sick of scrolling through the same crap on Instagram and Tik tok? Or have you had your fill of the depressing news from the media? It’s time to get up and do something that could help occupy yourself and get you through these unprecedented and troubling times. Here’s a few things I have been practicing to keep myself busy while staying at home.
- Create some kind of routine for yourself. Wake up, take care of yourself, work from home, workout. whatever it takes. Set aside time to do certain activities. An hour to reading, a half an hour to workout, 45 minutes to clean. Just wake up, get and stay active. Go to bed and do it again tomorrow
- Reduce your time on social media and watching the news. To save your precious mental health, ration the time you spend on them. Yes, by all means stay informed but don’t let your appetite for information start to disturb your peace and calm.
- This is a great opportunity to work on your products around your house or apartment. Got a leaky faucet, a door that squeaks or any home repair that needs to get done or finish, now is the time to get after it!
- Reach out to family, friends, loved ones and coworkers. We are all social beings and especially during this global pandemic, we need to talk to our families and friends. To hear those recycled bad jokes, to remain your mom that your dad is not crazy! Do it for them, you’ll hear the appreciation in their voice.
- Cook your favorite meals. Banana pancakes for breakfast, grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup for lunch, throw some rib eyes on the grill for dinner. Why not?! Along with your “Quarantine food”, try cooking one of your favorite meals. If you don’t know how, YouTube is your know it all friend! And if you don’t have the supplies you need, the next time you go to the grocery store, practice social distancing along with protecting yourself. And pick up the things you need for your favorite meals.
- Listen to all those podcasts and audio books you have been wanting to get to. Like the song says, “Time is on my side“. Get your tasty beverage, grab those ear buds or that busted ass pair of headphones you got and start listening. Heck, you might even learn something new. Or dare I say it, laugh out loud.
- Start a journal. “Day 6 in lock down. This morning after my lame ass breakfast, I stumbled across an enlightening and amazing blog today that help me occupy my time. Today seemed to fly by with all the activities I did.” When we get through this, and we will. Looking back and reading our quarantine journals could be entertaining.
- Rediscover your lost and forgotten hobbies. There is no time like the present to douse that old withering fire with a bunch of fresh gasoline. Get back into whatever you love to do! Unpack that project you got hidden in the bottom of your closet. If all you have are outdoor hobbies, maybe it’s time to unearth something new.
- Never stop learning! Sign up for online classes. There are so many to choose from. Some are paid but if you don’t have the coin, I get it. There are plenty of excellent educational channels on YouTube.
- Working out indoors. “Get your sweat on!” You can still get huge and ripped. There are countless indoor workouts you can do. If you live in an apartment, be considerate of your neighbors.
- Redecorate your house or apartment. It is Springtime. And a change in season could also be a refreshing change in your living quarters (Star Trek reference). Switch up old artwork on your walls, maybe rearrange your furniture. Heck maybe go down the rabbit hole looking for ideas online. I’m sure your find something interesting.
- Update your Resume and Portfolio. This could be an excellent time to dust off that tired resume and stale portfolio of yours. Lord knows I do. There is a shit ton of helpful and useful information online. Be brave, you might just find your dream job.
- Play online games with friends. There is nothing like talking smack with your friends while gaming. It’s stupid fun! Doesn’t matter if you’re on PC, console or even on your mobile device. Just don’t be a Leroy Jenkins!
Whatever you do, don’t waste this time being unproductive or even worse, full of worry and anxiety. Feel free to share this with others. Stay safe and busy!
Until next post,